[Fwd: Fletcher-Munson Tables]

FUI
--
Jont B. Allen (Technology Leader)
AT&T Labs-Research, Shannon Laboratory
180 Park Ave., Room E161
Florham Park NJ 07932-0971
973/360-8545voice, x7111fax, http://www.research.att.com/info/jba
-Does buggy software (that you paid money for) make you grumpy?
-How about messages like:
  "Consult your system administrator" (Hey, that's me!)
  "Out of memory Error" (What, I have 100 MB already!)
  "System error, Please reboot" (Yeah, and then reinstall windows.)
     =>  Problem solved: Get Linux!"
--- Begin Message ---
Bernhard Laback wrote:

> I forward a message by Herbert Griebel:
>
> Dear List,
>
> I'm looking for tables of the FLETCHER-MUNSON curves,
> i.e. curves of EQUAL LOUDNESS, which should be
> as accurate as possible, i.e. many points for good
> interpolation. I'm not looking for a graphic, where I can
> measure points!!!
The table you are looking for is published in a Noise control handbook,
in a chapter by Munson. The ref is:

@inproceedings{Munson57
,author={Munson, W.A.}
,title={The Loudness of Sounds}
,booktitle={Handbook of noise control}
,chapter{5}
,publisher={McGraw-Hill Book Company, Inc.}
,address={New York}
,year={1957}
,pages={} }

Very accurate formulas for computing it are given in Table BI of a
paper in Dec 1997 JASA, vol 6, page 3644. This is a nonlinear
regression formula. It is fit to the 1933 paper raw data rather than
the published curves, which are quite smoothed.

--
Jont B. Allen (Technology Leader)
AT&T Labs-Research, Shannon Laboratory
180 Park Ave., Room E161
Florham Park NJ 07932-0971
973/360-8545voice, x7111fax, http://www.research.att.com/info/jba
-Does buggy software (that you paid money for) make you grumpy?
-How about messages like:
  "Consult your system administrator" (Hey, that's me!)
  "Out of memory Error" (What, I have 100 MB already!)
  "System error, Please reboot" (Yeah, and then reinstall windows.)
     =>  Problem solved: Get Linux!"

--- End Message ---