Re: Upside down noise

Re:

> I would like to make a plea to list posters to think a little before
> posting. The "noise" on this list has grown to the point where many of us
> who take auditory research seriously ignor the list altogether.

I would like to make a plea for discussion of perceptual issues, rather
than a discussion of the cognitive processes of the senders of messages.
The whole point of the list is that one cannot assume that all list
members are equally sophisticated on all the issues that others are.  The
value of the list is in sharing this knowledge.  I hope people will
approach the discussions in a generous spirit, so as not to inhibit
questions which are genuine puzzles to those who are asking them.

McGill is running a new version of LISTSERV (1.8c on Windows NT).
Information is available on the WEB at http://www.mcgill.ca/cc/listserv