Re: handicapped child help (fwd)

Dear Argiris Kranidiotis,

The nature of your child's problem sounds interesting, however,
I am not sure if a computing system or an amplification system
will make your 7 year old child more intelligible.  I guess I
am asking why is she unintelligible to begin in the first place?
Is the etiology of her unintelligible speech secondary to a
speech, hearing, phonological or language problem, reduced volume or
loudness, etc..?  It is difficult to address your question without more
information regarding the nature of her problem.  If she has not
been assessed by certified and licensed professionals in the areas
of audiology and speech-language pathology to date, I would suggest
that she undergo these evaluations to differentially diagnose her
unintelligible speech and provide recommendations for intervention
or soft-ware/computing resources (providing that such systems are
deemed appropriate to address her problem).  If you would like a referral
in Athens, Greece for the services I mentioned above, please let me
know if I can be of further assistance.

Mary V. Andrianopoulos, Ph.D., CCC-SLP
Assistant Professor
Dept. of Communication Disorders