How we should debate.

Dear Colleagues,

I would not like to see any rules imposed that would tend to stifle
debate.  The recent interchange, apart from one or two ill-chosen phrases,
has really been stimulating.

I would be in favor of calling an amnesty on all ill-chosen words that may
have been used up to this point and hope we can continue stimulating one
another with ideas expressed in a way that is challenging, but not
confrontational or personal.

I know I learn a lot by being exposed to debates among experts.

- Al

Albert S. Bregman,  Professor,  Dept of Psychology,  McGill University
1205  Docteur Penfield Avenue,   Montreal,  Quebec,  Canada   H3A 1B1.
Phone: +1 514-398-6103  Fax: -4896 Email: bregman@hebb.psych.mcgill.ca
Lab Web Page: http://www.psych.mcgill.ca/labs/auditory/laboratory.html