Re: DAT-PC hookup

At 2:39 PM 9/20/95, Mark A Pitt wrote:
>Has anyone interfaced a DAT player with a PC to transfer digital
>recordings directly to hard disk?

My understanding is that the Archive SCSI DAT was used by SGI.  The
firmware which reads and writes to a music DAT over the SCSI bus
was available from Archive at one point.  I'm not sure of that any
longer.  One would need to aquire or write a driver which would
send the appropriate SCSI commands to the drive.

There has been a good bit of talk about the Antex PC card as well.
It has AES/EBU or S/PDIF digital input/output so you could send
your data direct to DAT via this card as well. (phone 800-338-4231)

I have not tried either of these, but its a start.

Steve Boker