[no subject]

Dear list members,

I am looking for any references reporting research on the following topics:

1. the importance of the steepnes of an envelope of the onset of sound for
loudness of sound,

2. the importance of the energy distribution in time for the loudness of sound

   (will two sounds of the length, say, 300ms, the same total energy and

    equivalent energy distribution in frequency, sound equally loud when the

    energy is shifted to the onset in one of them?)

Does anyone know about any research in this area?

Thanks for your help,

Jan

PS. I surely know about the general dependence of the loudness of sound on the
length of the stimulus for sounds shorter than, say, 150 ms. Though related, it
is not the problem I am presently concerned about.

Jan Chomyszyn
ccrma, Stanford University
Stanford, CA 94305

jan@ccrma.stanford.edu