Scientific graphing software?

Perhaps an odd question to a collection of auditory people, but...

What software do you do (or would you recommend) for creating graphs of
psychoacoustic data?

Our lab currently uses an ancient version of the Boys' Town "plot"
program, but 4/5 of us find it *very* cumbersome and wish for something
as flexible but a bit more modern (i.e., for Windows or Mac). On the
other hand, a recent glance to JASA (at least the P&P section) seems to
reveal the Boys' town imprimature. We've also recently been using the
graphing capabilities of MS-Excel, but find them limiting. As you know,
psychoacoustic data can have some peculiarities for presentation, hence
my post to all of you.

We do much of our data analysis with a combination of MatLab, Excel
(i.e,. spreadsheet), |Stat, and home-grown software.

As always, responses will be summaried. Many thanks in advance.

        -Peter "pen in hand" Marvit

: Peter Marvit <marvit@psych.upenn.edu>,   Psychology Dept,  Univ. of Penn :
: 3815 Walnut St., Philadelphia, PA 19104  w:215/573-3991 fax:215/898-7301 :