performance+constraints

Dear Colleagues,
We are investigating characteristics of piano and guitar performance
that are influenced by physical constraints of the instruments, such
as distances between strings and keys. We are also interested in the
role of auditory feedback on expressive performance and its interaction
with physical constraints of instruments.

This query is twofold: do you know of 1) empirical studies of guitar
performance, and 2) studies attempting to separate performance influences
of physical constraints, auditory feedback, and musical interpretation?

Any suggestions are welcome- thanks,

   Caroline Palmer   cpalmer@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu
   Tim Walker        twalker@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu