[no subject]

ucdavis\!auditory@vm1.mcgill.ca

Hi, everyone!

I would like to share with you a rather upsetting experience. Not long
ago, I received a call from some person of moderate education level
doing an internet survey. Since it would have taken about 10 minutes
to complete, I refused to participate. However, I was quite bewildered
because that person represented herself as an employee of the
"Internet Corporation." Does anybody know whether our lifeline has
truly become corporate? Or could there be a private company legally
calling itself Internet? Or did that person just misrepresent herself?
In any case, if anyone else receives a similar call, please be a bit
more alert than I was and take note of the identity of the caller.
Any abuse of this sort, in my opinion, should be called to some
higher authority's attention.

        Pierre Divenyi