[AUDITORY] 2-yr Postdoctoral position at IRCAM (Paris) - Psychophysics/EEG/Modeling on Synaptopathy

Dear Colleagues,

We have a 2-year ANR-funded Postdoctoral Fellowship opening in Auditory Neuroscience at the STMS lab/Ircam in Paris (FR).

The goal of the project is to advance our understanding of how cochlear synaptopathy degrades auditory neural coding and speech perception, by capitalizing on physiologically-plausible computational models to construct and deploy specifically-sensitive psychophysical and EEG measures (detailed info on the offer here).

The STMS lab is based at Ircam, an institute at the crossroads between music, sound, science and technology, hosting several research groups with expertise in various disciplines (speech, signal processing, etc.), which therefore provides a unique working environment with various opportunities for research collaborations.

Applicants should have a PhD in hearing science, audiology, neuroscience, computational biology, biomedical engineering, or another related field.  We are looking for someone with relevant previous research experience and a strong interest in psychophysics and computational modeling of sensory processing.

Application deadline is 30th June 2024, with a tentative starting date on 1st Nov. 2024. To apply, please submit a short cover letter stating research interests and related experience, with a CV and two contacts for references to emmanuel.ponsot@xxxxxxx

Please feel free to share within your network, and encourage potential candidates to contact me if any questions.

Best,

Emmanuel Ponsot

Emmanuel Ponsot - CNRS Researcher
STMS lab (Ircam / Sorbonne Université / CNRS / Ministère de la Culture)
1, place Igor Stravinsky, 75004 Paris, France
Lab: https://www.stms-lab.fr/