[AUDITORY] Quick Survey: Your Insights and Experiences is Valuable

Dear All,

You are invited to participate in a research study entitled “Audiologists' Preparedness and Challenges in Integrating Psychologically Informed Practice for Enhanced Audiological Rehabilitation Outcomes in the USA.”  The study is being conducted by Dr. Razan Al Fakir, Assistant Professor of Audiology at the Auburn University Department of Speech-Language & Hearing Sciences.

You are invited to participate if you are an audiologist currently engaged or have worked in adult audiologic rehabilitation within the last year in the United States. This study aims to explore how USA audiologists address clients' mental health, psychological symptoms, emotions, and feelings. We also seek to understand audiologists' preparedness to implement psychologically informed practice in audiological rehabilitation within the USA. Your insights and experiences as an audiologist are highly valuable to us, and we would be honored if you could take a few moments to participate in our survey. Your valuable input will be instrumental in shaping the future of audiological rehabilitation in the USA, and we genuinely appreciate your consideration of this invitation.

Participation is entirely voluntary, and there are no adverse consequences if you choose not to participate. Any data obtained in connection with this study will remain anonymous. We will protect your privacy and the data you provide. Information collected through your participation may be used to fulfill an educational requirement, published in a professional journal, and/or presented at a professional meeting, etc.  If you decide to participate in this research study, you will be asked to complete an online survey, via Qualtrics software, consisting of 43 questions. Your total time commitment will be approximately 15-20 minutes (or less). Regrettably, there is no compensation provided for your participation. If you change your mind about participating, you can withdraw at any time by closing your browser window.

If you have questions about this study, please contact Dr. Razan Al Fakir at rma0034@xxxxxxxxxxIf you have questions about your rights as a research participant, you may contact the Auburn University Office of Research Compliance or the Institutional Review Board by phone at (334) 844-5966 or by e-mail at IRBadmin@xxxxxxxxxx or IRCChair@xxxxxxxxxxA copy of the Approved IRB Informational Letter is attached to this email.

“HAVING READ THE INFORMATION ABOVE, YOU MUST DECIDE IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS RESEARCH PROJECT.  IF YOU DECIDE TO PARTICIPATE, PLEASE CLICK ON THE SURVEY LINK. YOU MAY PRINT A COPY OF THIS LETTER TO KEEP.”

Take the Survey!

Razan AL Fakir (Alfakir), M.D. (Otolaryngology), Au.D., Ph.D. (Audiology and Communication Sciences)

Academic Assistant ProfessorDepartment of Speech-Language & Hearing Sciences

Lead Researcher of Auditory, Balance, and Mobility Capability (ABILITY) Lab

Office: 1110 Haley Center

Office Phone 334-844-9605

Auburn University

Auburn, Alabama 36849