[AUDITORY] Electric vehicles acoustic discrimination

Dear Auditory List,

I hope this message finds you well.
I am currently in search of published research pertaining to the discrimination of electric vehicles compared to internal combustion vehicles based on noise emissions. Specifically, I am interested in studies that explore the feasibility of implementing such discrimination systems in  highway environments (such as installed in span structures, toll plazas, etc..).

I acknowledge inherent challenges associated with this task, including issues related to extraneous noise, the utilization of Acoustic Vehicle Alerting Systems (AVAS), and, notably(?), the dominance of tire-road noise at higher velocities. My particular interest lies in uncovering research that delves into specific acoustic features that may be extracted from microphone array beamforming systems.

From searches on Google Scholar, I was unable to find substantial literature on this specific topic. Therefore, I am reaching out to the esteemed members of this community to inquire if any of you could direct me towards relevant literature addressing this topic.

- Frederico

--
Frederico Pereira