[AUDITORY] Python Auditory Toolbox

I’m very happy to announce a port of the Matlab Auditory Toolbox to Python. The Auditory Toolbox (https://engineering.purdue.edu/~malcolm/interval/1998-010/) has a long and wonderful life. The simplicity of the models and their documentation, I believe, make them easy to use.  But it’s time to have more options, especially in these days of powerful automatic differentiation engines and deep neural networks everywhere.

The Python Auditory toolbox includes these functions from the original Matlab toolbox:
·       Patternson-Holdworth ERB (Gammatone) Filter Bank
o   MakeErbFilters
o   ErbFilterBank
·       Correlogram Processing
o   CorrelogramFrame
o   CorrelogramArray
o   CorrelogramPitch
·       Demonstrations
o   MakeVowel
o   FMPoints
All functions are available in on top of any of these three computational libraries: JAX, NumPy or PyTorch.

You can include the python_auditory_toolbox in your work in several ways.  Via the Python package installer:
                      pip install python_auditory_toolbox

From GitHub at
                      https://github.com/MalcolmSlaney/python_auditory_toolbox

Or see the toolbox in action (with pretty pictures) via Colab at

We hope you find this toolbox useful.

- Malcolm and Søren