[AUDITORY] Assistant/Associate Tenure Track Position in Audiology

Hello,

The School of Communication Sciences and Disorders at the University of Memphis is seeking applicants for a tenure-track position in Audiology at the Assistant or Associate Professor rank. Expected start date is August 15, 2024.

Applicants should be prepared to teach graduate courses, pursue programmatic research, interact collaboratively to support the clinical and academic programs of the School, advise and mentor students, and provide service to the School and University. Applicants must have earned a PhD or other research doctorate by the start date, and clinical certification and eligibility for state licensure in Audiology are preferred. Candidates with a record of publications and success in obtaining extramural funding commensurate with rank will be strongly preferred.

We are excited to welcome motivated, student-focused candidates to our academic community. We encourage applications from team-oriented individuals with interests and expertise that will compliment and expand our existing programmatic strengths, which currently include population hearing health, audiologic rehabilitation, auditory neuroscience, and vestibular sciences. Our School has a rich history in community-driven clinical services, educational experiences, and research endeavors. We are currently expanding our collaborative interprofessional network to provide a range of opportunities unique to our School. The University provides support for developing online programs and we especially welcome candidates with diverse lived experiences to join our multicultural community.

Our program offers graduate degrees in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology, and research-oriented PhDs in hearing science, neuroscience, and speech science. We also recently established an undergraduate degree in American Sign Language and Deaf studies.

The School is housed within state-of-the-art teaching, research, and clinical facilities. Collaborative opportunities exist within the School and with other units in the University, including strong affiliations with the School of Public Health, Department of Psychology, and the Institute for Intelligent Systems which focuses on interdisciplinary cognitive science, artificial intelligence, developmental, and educational research (see https://www.memphis.edu/iis/). We also have strong links to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, the Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare system, the University of Tennessee Health Science Center, and other local clinical, educational, and medical communities.

Consistent with our mission, we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool who will advance research, teaching, and mentoring.

We will begin reviewing applications December 15, 2023, and will continue to review applications until the position is filled. For questions, contact search committee chair Jani Johnson, jajhns10@xxxxxxxxxxx or at (901) 678-5848. Interested applicants must upload to the University’s WorkforUM site, https://workforum.memphis.edu/postings/38329 a cover letter, curriculum vitae, teaching interests (including preferred course assignments) and a statement of teaching philosophy, a statement of research experience and plans for future programmatic research, three letters of reference, unofficial transcripts for PhD (earned or in progress), and selected publications.

Best,

Jane Brown

Jane A Brown, PhD

Department of Communication Science and Disorders, University of Memphis

Auditory Cognitive Neuroscience Laboratory

Pronouns: she/her/hers
jbrown64@xxxxxxxxxxx