[AUDITORY] WORKSHOP: "Advancing noise impact assessments for birds" - 13/10/2023

Dear All,
We are pleased to announce our 2nd Workshop on noise impact assessment on wildlife, entitled "Advancing noise impact assessments for birds". The workshop is an initiative from the University of Salford and will be on the 13th of October 2023, starting at 9 am - 4 pm UK time (GMT+1).
Registration for online participation through Teams can be done by the form below:
https://lnkd.in/e7w6XBXQ

Agenda:

9:00 Welcome and agenda

9:10 Gap analysis work from the 1st Habitats Workshop (David Waddington - University of Salford)

9:30 Funded projects from the University of Salford (REFMAP, PLAN-B) (Mike Wood - University of Salford)

9:50 Impacts of anthropogenic sounds on bird call activities: a case study in Aachen, Germany (Margret Engel - University of Salford)

10:10 Coffee break

10:40 The impact of human-created noise on bird diversity: Considerations for wildlife management (Vinicius Goulart / Camila Palhares Teixeira - UEMG, Brazil)

11:00 What are consultancies and industries doing about anthropogenic noise impact assessment on birds? – Biodiversity Net Gain (Lewis Deacon - AECOM)

11:30 Discussion

12:00 Lunch

13:00 What do we know about noise impacts on birds?

A systematic review focusing on acoustic methodology (Margret Engel/Mike Wood - University of Salford)

13:20 Structure and dynamics of animal choruses in tropical environments: insights from network analysis (Marina Duarte - University of Salford)

13:40 Discussion

14:30 Coffee break

15:00 Discussion: beyond Habitats (Mike Wood - University of Salford)

15:30 Summary of the Workshop

16:00 End / Greetings

If you have further questions about the workshop, don't hesitate to email us at m.engel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Best wishes,