[AUDITORY] Call for papers - Theme track on Sound-Driven Design at DRS2024 Boston Conference

[Apologies for cross-posting]

Dear All,

We are pleased to inform you that the DRS2024 BOSTON Conference is now welcoming submissions.
We invite you to consider submitting to the Theme Track #26:

“How do you sound design? Articulating experiences and cultures via listening”

The theme track is organised by the Special Interest Group on Sound-Driven Design.

The call for papers can be found via the following link: https://www.drs2024.org/theme-tracks/#26

Deadline for paper submission: October 13th, 2023
Notification of acceptance: February 16th, 2024
ABSTRACT

The SIG on Sound-Driven Design invites researchers and practitioners to delve into the multifaceted nature of sound, unravelling its physical, perceptual, emotional, and socio-technological dimensions, and contribute to the discovery and development of design methods and tools. In the sound-driven perspective, listening emerges as element that adds depth and richness to the design space, adding to the role of the senses in the experience of the form quality of products, services, and systems. We propose to reflect on the holistic and inclusive character of “sound-driven” as it combines the diverse sonic, experiential, technical, and cultural manifestations of sound with the creative, integrative, mitigative, and purposeful essence of designing. We welcome contributions that offer insights and actionable knowledge on the process of sound-driven design by:

Best regards,
Stefano