Re: [AUDITORY] [External] Re: [AUDITORY] Biases in career evolution

Dear Brian, all,

I did not mean my question to be turned into a definitive statement about preprints. It is a real question and in some ways my own personal concern that made me cautious about preprinting our own papers. But seeing many others being more experienced and enthusiastic, I really wanted to hear their opinions. Maybe my concern is not well founded.

About conference papers, there are fields that seem to be mainly run by them. We are not used it, but when I work with people from those fields, for them this seems very natural. I am not sure I would dismiss their model of publishing just because I do not know it well.

So, I would say, the jury is still out there... 🙂

Cheers,
Deniz

--------------------------
Prof. dr. ir. D. Başkent
Speech Perception Lab (dB SPL)
Department of Otorhinolaryngology
School of Behavioral and Cognitive Neuroscience (BCN)
W.J. Kolff Institute for Biomedical Engineering and Materials Science
University Medical Center Groningen (UMCG)
University of Groningen (RUG)
Tel: +31 (0) 50 3612540 (KNO Office)
Mobile: ‭+31 6 25651377‬
Visiting address: UMCG, Hanzeplein 1, Room P4.220
Website (also for dB SPL): dbaskent.org