[AUDITORY] RA position at University of Sussex, UK

Dear colleagues,

I would be grateful if you could circulate details about a 1-year Research Assistant position available at the University of Sussex, Brighton, UK. This position would suit a recent BSc or MSc graduate with experience of running EEG experiments.

Many thanks,

Ed

We are seeking a research assistant to join an exciting one-year research project examining how our brains use top-down mechanisms to predict upcoming words in speech (‘predictive coding’). The project will use electroencephalography (EEG) recordings of brain activity from healthy volunteers.

The project is funded by a BIAL Foundation grant awarded to Dr Ediz Sohoglu. The post-holder will join the Auditory Cognition Group, which conducts research into the psychology and neuroscience of how we listen, with a particular focus on speech perception.

The project will take place at the University of Sussex, using the on-campus EEG facilities within the School of Psychology. The post-holder will join the highly collaborative and interdisciplinary Sussex Neuroscience research community, which includes over 50 research groups, forming one of the highest densities of Neuroscience faculty in any UK University.

The post-holder will support Dr Sohoglu in the day-to-day running of the project, including participant recruitment, data collection and management, and analysis.

The post is likely to be of most interest to applicants with research interests in perception and language, studied using methods from cognitive neuroscience (e.g. EEG or other neuroimaging method). The post-holder should have experience in the acquisition of EEG data. Experience of EEG data analysis is desirable.

Please contact Dr Ediz Sohoglu (e.sohoglu@xxxxxxxxxxxx) for informal enquiries. Further details, including how to apply, can be found here: https://www.sussex.ac.uk/about/jobs/research-assistant-ref-20854