[AUDITORY] ISAAR 2023 abstract submission open now

Dear colleagues,

Abstract submission for the International Symposium on Auditory and Audiological Research (ISAAR 2023) is open now:

ISAAR 2023 (www.isaar.eu) will take place on 23-25 August 2023 in Nyborg, Denmark.

At ISAAR 2023, we will have four overarching themes organized as symposium sessions, with the following invited speakers:

  1. Imaging the auditory system
    Daniel Keppler, Anders Fridberger, Michel Moerel, Colette McKay
  2. The aging auditory system: Physiology and perception
    Judy Dubno, Douglas Fitzpatrick Aravindakshan Parthasarathy, Nathalie Giroud
  3. Perceptual consequences of hearing loss & models of hearing
    Jennifer Resnik, Naomi Bramhall, Andrew Oxenham, Sarah Verhulst
  4. Machine listening and novel hearing technologies
    Jesper Jensen, Volker Hohmann, Romain Serizel, Dorothea Kolossa, Owen Brimijoin

In addition, as at earlier ISAAR meetings, we welcome contributions from a wide range of topics including, for example, perceptual and physiological measures of auditory function, measures of hearing loss, auditory modeling, hearing-instrument signal processing, aided outcome measures, multi-sensory speech perception, communication in complex environments, advances in neurotechnology, and cognitive auditory neuroscience. Contributions within the symposium themes will be considered for either a contributed talk or a poster presentation in one of our extended poster sessions. Contributions outside the four overarching themes will be considered exclusively for poster presentation. We invite any scientific contributions within auditory and audiological research.

Abstract submission

The conference proceedings for 2023 will consist of the abstracts from all contributions to the conference, which is different from earlier ISAAR’s where the proceedings consisted of manuscripts from a selection of the contributions. Authors who are interested in contributing a written account of their contribution are encouraged to submit to our special issue series with Trends in Hearing (
https://isaar.eu/special-issues/).

Abstract submission deadline: 1. May 2023

Notification of acceptance: 1. June 2023

Scholarships

The ISAAR committee offers a limited number of scholarships to young scientists (e.g., PhD students, post-docs, and others). The scholarship covers the symposium fee for full participation and accommodation. Travel expenses are not covered.
See www.isaar.eu.

Conference fee

Participant fee is DKK 6000 (approximately EUR 806, USD 854). The fee covers participation in the symposium, full accommodation including single room for 2 nights (Wed-Thu-Fri), all meals and social activities during the symposium.

Please see
www.isaar.eu for more information.

We very much look forward to seeing you at ISAAR 2023!

The ISAAR 2023 organizing committee:
Torsten Dau, Axel Ahrens, Abigail Anne Kressner, Jens Hjortkjær, Helia Relano Iborra, Maaike Van Eeckhoutte, Caroline van Oosterhout
Technical University of Denmark

http://www.dtu.dk/-/media/DTU_Generelt/Andet/mail-signature-logo.png

Torsten Dau

Professor, Head of Section