[AUDITORY] Faculty position - Department of Physiology, University of Colorado School of Medicine

Hi,

 Happy new year!

We are excited to announce a faculty position opening at the Assistant or Associate Professor level.  We have a fairly large group of auditory and vestibular scientists on campus spanning several departments and institutions (e.g., Childrens Hospital, VA hospital, etc.).  We also have an NIH NIDCD T32 training to support PhD students and postdocs.

Feel free to contact me if you would like any additional information about the position and the University in general.

The Department of Physiology and Biophysics at the University of Colorado School of Medicine is seeking a neuroscientist or physiologist to fill a tenure-eligible Assistant or Associate Professor position. The applicant’s research program should address fundamental physiological questions at systems, cellular, or molecular levels, to complement and extend the Department’s existing research strengths in nervous and cardiovascular system function, ion channel biophysics and computational science (medschool.cuanschutz.edu/physiology). We especially encourage applicants using state-of-the-art imaging, electrophysiological methods and/or computational approaches. We expect appointees to conduct vigorous independent research and to participate in professional and graduate teaching and training.

Appointees will join a vibrant and growing Department under the new leadership of Dr. David DiGregorio – hired as Chair in January 2023 – with a commitment to mentoring faculty and trainees from diverse backgrounds. Research interests in the Department currently include cardiac and skeletal muscle physiology, cell signaling, computational neuroscience, developmental neurobiology, ion channel biophysics, sensory and motor systems, and synaptic function. Extra-departmental interactions within neuroscience and physiology, including basic science and translational collaborations, are facilitated by several NIH-supported interdepartmental graduate programs and centers (e.g., Neuroscience Program, Computational Biology Program, and Integrated Physiology Program). In addition, the NeuroTechnology Center supports core facilities that include advanced light microscopy, super resolution nanoscopy, rodent in vivo behavior and electrophysiology, neural engineering, and a machine shop (medschool.cuanschutz.edu/neurotechnologycenter). Other shared resources include cores for genomics, proteomics, molecular structure, electron microscopy and transgenic rodents.

Daniel J. Tollin, PhD

Professor

University of Colorado School of Medicine

Department of Physiology & Biophysics/Mail Stop 8307

Research Complex 1-N, Rm 7106

12800 East 19th Ave

Aurora, CO 80045

Tel: 303-724-0625