[AUDITORY] Listening experiment about perceiving power in punching sounds

Title: signature Stefano Papetti MHbook

How does sound convey power? You can help us to find out by participating in this entertaining listening experiment, featuring a lot of juicy punching sounds!

We are a group of researchers at ZHdK and ZHAW who are investigating how sound can influence our experience of movement and how the design of movement sounds can be informed by design and scientific knowledge. This experiment helps us understand how sound influences the perception of power of punches.

To participate, you only need a internet browser, a pair of headphones, and about 15-20 minutes of time. Also you have to be over 18 years old.

Link to the experiment (available until January 8th 2023):

https://hearmeinteract.com/WebAudioEvaluationTool/test.html?url="">

Thank you very much for your contribution!

Daniel Hug, Stefano Papetti, Hanna Järveläinen, Anna Lisa Martin-Niedecken (ZHdK)

Eveline Graf (ZHAW)
--

Zürcher Hochschule der Künste

Zurich University of the Arts

Dr. Stefano Papetti

Research Associate Institute for Computer Music and Sound Technology

Toni-Areal, Pfingstweidstrasse 96, P.O. Box, CH-8031 Zurich

Phone +41 43 446 5516

stefano.papetti@xxxxxxx

www.zhdk.ch, www.icst.net

Musical Haptics - Open Access ebook - Springer Series on Touch and Haptic Systems