[AUDITORY] Postdoc position at NYU Abu Dhabi - Large scale cross cultural music analysis

Dear list,

I’m forwarding a call for Postdoc position that may be relevant for people who are interested in working on a large scale music analysis project with a cross-cultural angle.

Details below.

Best,

Harin Lee
Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences
Stephanstraße 1A, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
See website for projects

---
I am hiring a 3-year Postdoc to join me at the Division of Social Science at NYU Abu Dhabi to work on the global diffusion of cultural interests. This project is in collaboration with the Computational Auditory Perception group at Max Planck Institute for Empirical Aesthetics (led by Nori Jacoby). The Postdoc will closely work with researchers at MPI (Harin LeeManuel Anglada-Tort, Marc Schönwiesner, and Nori Jacoby) as well and can spend time there as needed.
While we plan to focus on global cultural diffusion using large-scale music/video consumption data, we are open to the Postdoc’s ideas as well. Strong computational skills and deep interests in the topic are essential. Excellent research support, compensation (~100K USD including salary + housing/travel allowances), and other perks (full health insurance + childcare support if you have any) will be provided.
Please find the application details and submit your application at this Interfolio page: https://apply.interfolio.com/117872 Also, email me at minsu.park@xxxxxxx for any questions!
Thanks,
Minsu Park
Assistant Professor | Division of Social Science | New York University Abu Dhabi
Faculty Affiliate | Center for Data Science | New York University
https://minsu-park.github.io/home/about/