[AUDITORY] Academic position available: Machine learning in audio and acoustics

Dear Auditory list (with apologies for cross-postings),

There are 60 new academic positions opening here at the University of Edinburgh through our Chancellor's Fellow Scheme.

Machine learning in audio and acoustics is listed as a target area; researchers in these areas are encouraged to apply.

"Machine learning in audio and acoustics" can be interpreted widely. We'd be excited about working with successful applicants who have a strong technical background in engineering or computer science, among other potential areas, here within the Acoustics and Audio Group.

These are five-year extendible positions, with a heavy focus on research for the first few years, and merge into normal academic roles including teaching and administration after that. These are confusingly called "tenure-track" but in practice virtually all past appointments through this scheme have been made permanent. This is a great opportunity for recent PhD graduates, postdocs, or people looking to return to academia after time in industry.

All applications to this scheme are made centrally through the link below to the College of Arts Humanities and Social Sciences, but interested applicants can contact either me or Prof Stefan Bilbao (s.bilbao@xxxxxxxx) with questions.

https://www.ed.ac.uk/human-resources/job/chancellors-fellowships

Best wishes,

Mike

--