[AUDITORY] CfP: Forum Acusticum 2023 > Sound Quality and Design > Sound for care and emotions

Dear colleagues,

The 10th Convention of the European Acoustics Association, Forum Acusticum 2023, will be held in presence in Torino (Italy), from September 11 to 15, 2023.

Forum Acusticum 2023 is a triennial international convention organized by the Italian Acoustical Association on behalf of the European Acoustics Association (EAA). The Congress will be a world leading event in the areas of acoustics and a great opportunity for participants to meet in person, to expand their knowledge, to share new techniques and competences, in the wide range of acoustics nowadays addressed in the community.

As organizers of the session “A18_Sound Quality and Design”, under the theme “A18-04: Sound for care and emotions”, we would like to cordially invite you to submit a paper to this session.

Listening to objects, events and soundscapes is a complex experience that requires perceptual, cognitive and emotional processes and the result of which depends on the context of listening and sound-induced action. In this session, we intend to focus on the themes of “emotion” and/or “care context” to extend our understanding of daily interactions with or via sounds. By doing so, we take a human-centered approach and aim to establish what sound-driven design can offer to improve daily listening experiences.

Papers can be submitted for oral (a 20-minute time slot is allotted) or poster presentation through the Forum Acusticum 2023 website, https://www.fa2023.org.

Submission deadline for abstracts is January 31, 2023, while papers need to be submitted by April 30, 2023. The abstract is 200-words long and authors can submit either a short paper from 2 to 4 pages or a long paper of max. 8 pages. All the papers will undergo a peer review process.

Thank you in advance for your kind consideration, and if you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to seeing you in Torino!

Sincerely,

Elif Özcan (PhD), Critical Alarms Lab, Faculty of Industrial Design Engineering, TU Delft
Doriana Dal Palù (PhD), Department of Architecture and Design, Politecnico di Torino