[AUDITORY] Frontiers Research Topic on “New Ideas in Performance Science”

Manuscript submission is now open for a new article collection for Frontiers in Psychology (IF: 4.232; CiteScore: 4.0), titled “New Ideas in Performance Science.”

The aim of this Research Topic is to bring together quality articles from researchers working in all basic and applied areas of Performance Science, including the performing arts (e.g., music, dance, theatre), sport and exercise, health sciences, educational sciences, and organizational/work contexts. This will provide a topical and up-to-date compendium of forward-looking contributions that shed light on recent progress and remaining challenges ahead. Articles will focus on a wide range of phenomena, participants, and contexts, from individuals’ cognitive functions and emotions to embodied interpersonal interactions; from solitary preparation to public performance and audience engagement; from one acting individual to an interacting dyad, an ensemble, or an entire profession; from a complete novice practitioner to a specialized world-leading expert.

All research will be published Open Access, and the editorial team welcomes any of the article types allowed for Frontiers in Psychology.

On behalf of the editorial team, we would like to include paper from subscribers to the AUDITORY list in this collection – as we firmly believe a contribution from you and your colleagues would greatly benefit our Research Topic and the ongoing conversation in the field of Performance Science. You can find out more about the Research Topic via its homepage: https://www.frontiersin.org/research-topics/40062/new-ideas-in-performance-science

Although abstract submissions are optional for this Research Topic, we encourage you to submit an abstract (or short proposal of your manuscript of max. 1000 words) by 5 Oct 2022 if you would like some initial feedback on your manuscript’s suitability. The deadline for full manuscript submissions is on 1 Feb 2023. The editorial team would be happy to answer any questions you may have about these deadlines.

We are looking forward to receiving your contribution or answering any questions you might have.

On behalf of the Editorial Team:

Vassilis Sevdalis,

Valentin Begel, &

Niels Chr. Hansen

Niels Chr. Hansen (PhD, MSc, MMus, BA)

Assistant Professor (AIAS-COFUND II Marie Skłodowska-Curie Fellow)

Aarhus Institute of Advanced Studies & Center for Music in the Brain, Aarhus University, Denmark

Editor, Empirical Musicology Review

General Secretary, European Society for the Cognitive Sciences of Music (ESCOM)

nchansen@xxxxxxxxxx | ph. +45 25338833