[AUDITORY] Online test on binaural reverberation

Dear Colleagues,

apologies for cross-posting.

We are looking for participants for an online listening test that will help us better understand how much we can simplify room acoustics simulations in a binaural context. This is a crucial issue that needs to be addressed to efficiently render plausible audio for augmented and virtual reality (AR/VR). This effort is part of the SONICOM project, which focuses on auditory-based social interaction and communication in AR/VR (more info here: https://www.sonicom.eu/). In particular, we are investigating how much a room model can be simplified in terms of its geometry and the acoustical properties of the materials therein, before a significant effect is perceived in a binaural simulation of said room.

Participating in the test is very easy, as you can do it from your web browser and will just need a pair of headphones and approximately 30 minutes to complete it. The protocol is similar to the well-known MUSHRA (multiple stimulus test with hidden reference and anchor), and you will be asked to compare several audio stimuli with a reference using a numerical scale - we'd like to thank the WebMUSHRA team for the excellent work in implementing their online version of he procedure (which we have used for this test).

If you are interested in taking part, or are curious to know more, please follow this link (please note that it might take a while to load, as a relatively large number of audiofiles need to be downloaded):

Please feel free to share it with other colleagues and students.

Best regards,

Lorenzo

--
Dr Lorenzo Picinali