[AUDITORY] PhD position at the University of Amsterdam

Dear AUDITORY community,

Come work with us in the Netherlands! I am delighted to announce a fully-funded PhD position at the University of Amsterdam, in collaboration with Chordify.

Our project aims to use unsupervised or semi-supervised learning methods to achieve a measure of a song “playability” – the level of music expertise necessary to be able to play along with a given song on a given instrument – and is part of a broader Dutch consortium studying explainable AI techniques as applied to text, speech, and music.

The application deadline is 21 July and requires a CV and one-page motivation letter. Although the advertisement states that the preferred starting date is November, it is possible to begin earlier if desired.

For full details and to apply, please visit this link:

All best,

Ashley

--
John Ashley Burgoyne, PhD
Lecturer in Computational Musicology

Music Cognition Group (MCG)
Amsterdam Brain & Cognition (ABC)
Institute for Logic, Language & Computation (ILLC)