[AUDITORY] Follow-up from VCCA2022

Hello to everyone,

at the recent VCCA2022 conference, together with Maartje Hendrikse and Axel Ahrens, we chaired a Special Session on "Virtual reality for hearing research and auditory modelling in realistic environments". During the session, discussing with the presenters and participants, we started developing the idea of creating a roadmap for exploring coordination and standardisation of the development of tools for VR and Hearing Research.

The idea is to start mapping existing tools and resources (similarly to what already done in the VCCA website, albeit more focussed), and discuss about further development (e.g. which functions we could develop next, how could we standardise a communication protocol between the different tools/interfaces, etc.) and evaluation (e.g. evaluating in different labs tools which do similar things, using common protocols and comparing the results) work, possibly planning other special sessions at upcoming conferences, and/or maybe a meeting/workshop, or else.

If you are interested to be included in these exchanges, we are creating a distribution list and you can put your email address in this Google form:

Please note that, by ticking the box at the bottom of the form, you are confirming that you are happy for your email address to be included in a distribution list (we might use Google Groups to do that) to discuss on this and other relevant topics.

Please feel free to share this with colleagues and/or anyone else you think might be interested.

Best
Lorenzo

--
Dr Lorenzo Picinali