[AUDITORY] Fwd: postdoc position at The Music Lab

Hi all, I'm hiring a postdoc to start 1 September. Please circulate the below posting to anyone who might be interested (apologies for cross-posting).

thanks,
Sam

--
Samuel Mehr
Department of Psychology

CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: Postdoc at The Music Lab

The Music Lab (PI Samuel Mehr) seeks a postdoctoral fellow to lead studies of music perception and cognition via web-based citizen science for parents and infants.

Applicants should have a strong publication record in any area of the cognitive sciences. Experience working with human parents, children, and/or infants is required. Analytic skills and web development experience are preferred, but not required (some of the technologies we use are R, Stata, Python, _javascript_, React, CSS, AWS, and SQL, but you don't need experience in all of these). Experience in the psychology or neuroscience of music and/or audition is preferred, but not required.

Our lab is in the midst of a transition from Harvard to the University of Auckland (New Zealand) and Haskins Labs (Yale University, New Haven). This postdoc will be based at Haskins. Remote work options are available. This is a one-year NIH-funded position. Dedicated funds for research and conference travel are available. Salary is per NIH stipend levels (these vary based on years of experience; see https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-22-132.html).

The planned start date is 1 September 2022. This is soon, so we will review and interview applicants on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Please direct questions about this position to musiclab+postdoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx. Applications can be submitted at https://forms.gle/HipnWLvwn1bjcrsn6.

We are committed to increasing diversity in scientific and health-related research and especially encourage applications from individuals and ethnic groups that have been shown by the National Science Foundation to be under-represented in health-related sciences on a national basis. On this form, applicants may choose to disclose if they identify as a member of an under-represented group.

You can learn more about our research at http://themusiclab.org.