[AUDITORY] [SIVE book] Official launch of the "Sonic Interactions in Virtual Environments" book project

Dear AUDITORY community,
it is a pleasure for us to invite you to the official presentation of the "Sonic Interactions in Virtual Environments" book project, edited by Michele Geronazzo and Stefania Serafin, that will be published soon within the Human-Computer Interaction Series, Springer International Publishing -under open access license.

The basic and most obvious assumption that motivates this project is: it is hard to live in a world without sound and it is hard in virtual environments too. Auditory information is a powerful omnidirectional source of learning for our interaction in real and virtual environments. This book project tackles the design of 3D spatial interactions in an audio-centered perspective, providing the fundamental notions related to the creation and evaluation of immersive sonic experiences.

We decided to organize this event in conjunction with the IEEE 7th VR Workshop Sonic Interaction in Virtual Environments – SIVE 2022, which is symbolically the official start of what we could nowadays consider a research area with its identity.

We are looking forward to introducing and discussing together with some of the book contributing authors the main motivations, themes, and challenges of SIVE.

March 12th, starting time 5:30 PM CET, virtually on Zoom. This event is free and the registration link is https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sive-book-launch-tickets-291207217627 .

Please spread the word to those who might be interested.

Sincerely yours,
Michele Geronazzo and Stefania Serafin, Editors

<Apologies for cross-posting>
<Please distribute>

Official webpage of the event:
https://sive.create.aau.dk/index.php/sive-book-launch-2022/

-----------------------------------
Program
-----------------------------------

5:30 – 5:35 Welcome
5:35 – 5:45 Introduction to the SIVE book project
Michele Geronazzo and Stefania Serafin, Ch. 1 – Sonic Interactions in Virtual Environments: the Egocentric Audio Perspective of the Digital Twin

5:45 – 6:15 Session I- Interactive and Immersive Audio
- Federico Avanzini, Ch. 2 – Procedural Modeling of Interactive Sound Sources in Virtual Reality
- Nikunj Raghuvanshi, Ch. 3 – Interactive and Immersive Auralization
- Lorenzo Picinali, Ch. 4 – System-to-User and User-to-System Adaptations in Binaural Audio
- Fabian Brinkmann, Ch. 5 – Audio Quality Assessment For Virtual Reality
- Sarvesh R. Agrawal, Ch. 11 – Immersion in Audiovisual Experiences
6:15 – 6:45 Discussion Panel 1

6:45 – 6:50 Break

6:50 – 7:20 Session 2 –  Sonic Experiences
Introduction by Stefania Serafin, Ch. 10 – Audio in Multisensory Interactions: from Experiments to Experiences
- Cumhur Erkut, Ch. 7 – Embodied and Sonic Interactions in Virtual Environments: Tactics and Exemplars
- Federico Fontana, Ch. 12 – Augmenting Sonic Experiences through Haptic Feedback
- Liang Men, Ch. 8 – Supporting Sonic Interaction in Creative, Shared Virtual Environments
- Victor Zappi, Dario Mazzanti, and Florent Berthaut, Ch. 13 – From the Lab to the Stage: Practical Considerations on Designing Performances with Immersive Virtual Musical Instruments
7:20 -7:40 Discussion Panel 2

7:40 – 7:45 Closing

--

Michele Geronazzo, Ph.D.
Associate Professor in Computer Engineering

Department of Engineering and Management (DTG)
University of Padova

Stradella San Nicola, 3

36100 Vicenza - Italy

Skype: geronazzo.michele