[AUDITORY] Scientist position in Physiology at Decibel Therapeutics

Hello colleagues,

Sensory Physiology group in Decibel Therapeutics is recruiting for an exciting position! Please see below for the job description and more details.

Our online application system can be found here:
https://www.decibeltx.com/join-us/

Best,
Yoojin

-----------
We are looking for a hands-on Scientist to join our Sensory Physiology group in developing gene therapies to repair and restore hearing and balance function. In this role, you'll perform auditory and vestibular physiology experiments and deliver high-quality neurophysiology data and scientific expertise to cross-functional program teams, inform translational therapeutic safety and efficacy, and establish assays for evaluating mechanisms of cochlear and vestibular function for critical, high-priority projects.

What you will do:
  • Interact with various project teams to share and distribute summary and meta-analyses of large datasets, including communicating results and identifying next steps
  • Conduct and analyze high throughput ABR and DPOAE recordings in multiple species
  • Maintain auditory physiology rigs, including acoustic systems, amplifiers, hardware, software, equipment, and supplies
  • Train and support team members on auditory physiology protocols and SOPs
  • Develop and validate auditory and vestibular physiology and behavior readouts for phenotyping genetic and inner ear damage models
  • Establish and validate novel stimulus protocols, analysis pipelines, and recording techniques
  • Manage external collaborations, including transferring and validating SOPs, training staff, and delivering high-quality data and interpretation back to project teams

What you will bring:
  • BS and/or MS in biomedical engineering, biological sciences or related discipline and more than four years of lab experience in an academic or industrial setting; PhD preferred
  • Outstanding interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
  • Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
  • Knowledge of inner ear and auditory or vestibular system function
  • Strong background in electrophysiology (EEG or evoked potential recordings) and/or acoustic experiments
  • Experience with Python and R or other programming tools (Matlab, DSP, etc.)
  • Expertise in high throughput evoked potential and electrophysiology experiments preferred
  • Experience in designing and performing experimental studies and strategies to support team needs
Decibel Therapeutics, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our goal is to have a diverse workforce.  We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or _expression_, veteran status or disability or any other status protected under federal, state or local law.  All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.

Yoojin Chung, PhD

Senior Scientist, Discovery

image.png