[AUDITORY] Applied Scientist II Positions Available - Alexa Speech

Alexa is the groundbreaking voice service that powers Echo and other devices designed around your voice. Our team is creating the science and technology behind Alexa. We’re working hard, having fun, and making history. Come join our team! You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of a cutting edge product used every day by people you know.

We’re looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive scientist to help build industry-leading conversational technologies that customers love. Our team's mission is the enable Alexa to understand sounds and vocalization beyond speech. As an Applied Scientist, you will work with talented peers to develop novel machine learning algorithms and modeling techniques to advance the state of the art in speech and audio processing. Your work will directly impact our customers in the form of novel products and services that make use of speech and language technology. You will leverage Amazon’s heterogeneous data sources and large-scale computing resources to accelerate advances in spoken language understanding. You will mentor junior scientists, create and drive new initiatives.

BASIC QUALIFICATIONS

·         A PhD degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field or a Master's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field plus 4+ years of relevant working experience

·         Proficient with Python, C/C++ or Java programming

·         Familiarity with audio, acoustic and speech signal processing, speech recognition, and machine learning

·         Excellent written and spoken communication skills

·         Disciplined scientific thinking

PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS

·         A PhD degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field with a specialization in speech recognition, audio, acoustic and speech processing, or deep learning or a Master's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field plus 4+ years of relevant working experience in speech recognition, audio, acoustic and speech processing, or deep learning

·         Solid publication records

·         Strong technical curiosity and ability to invent

·         Proficient in machine learning algorithm development with high memory and computational constraints

·         Strong understanding of software engineering best practices

·         Relevant experience working effectively with science, data processing, and software engineering teams

Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age

Perspective candidates are encouraged to send their CVs to:

Tao Zhang, Ph.D.

Senior Manager of Applied Science

Alexa Speech

Email: taozhng@xxxxxxxxxx