[AUDITORY] Postdoctoral Position (multi-year) in Multilevel Auditory Processing of Continuous Speech

(Dear Auditory List, please forward to anyone you might think interested!)

We are seeking applicants for a multi-year postdoctoral position, to investigate Multilevel Auditory Processing of Continuous Speech, at the University of Maryland, College Park, sponsored by an NIH R01 grant.

The project aims to determine how speech is progressively represented along and beyond the auditory neural pathway, from midbrain to language areas. We use EEG and MEG to simultaneously record from subcortical and multiple cortical areas respectively, along with measures of listening effort (pupillometry) and behavior. In addition to working on this project, the postdoc will be encouraged to develop an independent research program and to collaborate with others.

The team includes a lively and highly interactive group of researchers: Dr. Jonathan Simon, Dr. Samira Anderson, Dr. Stefanie Kuchinsky, and Dr. Behtash Babadi, plus other trainees. Recent publications & presentations can be viewed at <http://cansl.isr.umd.edu/simonlab/Publications.html>.

We believe that equity and diversity lead to better science. We especially encourage applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds.

The position is open immediately, and candidates will be sought until the position is filled.

More details available at <http://cansl.isr.umd.edu/simonlab/pubs/UMD%20Postdoc%20Ad%202022.pdf>. If you have any questions at all, please contact jzsimon@xxxxxxx, or any other member of the team.

Looking forward to working with you!

Jonathan Simon
Samira Anderson