[AUDITORY] Free sound absorbing panels

Hello to everyone,

I never end being surprised about how much usable (often new) stuff is thrown away in large institutions such as Universities.

I recently found in the skip 4 packs, each containing 4 120*120*5cm white sound absorbing panels - these are made of pressed rockwool, with an external white finish. They are meant to be glued/fixed to walls or hanged down from ceilings in order to absorb sound within an environment (mainly high frequencies but...if hanging they also have reasonable absorption at low frequencies), and therefore reduce reverberation. We used them in the past to treat some of our teaching spaces, resulting in significant improvements in terms of speech intelligibility. They can also be used in recording studios and everywhere else where reverberation and echoes need to be reduced.

They are currently located in South Kensington in London and are free for grab to anyone who can come to pick them up here (unfortunately I can't ship them as they are too large). If still here by the end of the week they'll need to be thrown away, which is really a pity...

Feel free to share with whoever you think might be interested.

Best
Lorenzo

--
Dr Lorenzo Picinali