[AUDITORY] 3D Tune-In Toolkit - new releases of the VST plugins

Dear colleagues,

apologies for cross-posting.

We have now released the new versions of the 3D Tune-In Toolkit VST plugins.

The 3DTI Toolkit is a standard C++ library for headphone-based audio spatialisation, with a hearing loss and hearing aid simulator. It can be accessed open-source through our GitHub account (https://github.com/3DTune-In/3dti_AudioToolkit/).

We have now released five separate VST plugins:
  • Full binaural spatialisation (for spatialising one sound source including anechoic and reverberation renderings within the same interface)
  • Separate anechoic spatialisation and binaural reverberation (two separate plugins, which allow to spatialise multiple sources using one single multichannel bus reverberator, therefore making the processing more efficient - please see the MaxMSP and Reaper examples on how to configure your host/DAW)
  • Hearing loss simulator (implementing also the Baer&Moore frequency smearing algorithm)
  • Hearing aid simulator
You can download these for both MacOS and Windows, together with other releases (including the 3DTI Toolkit standalone application), at the following link:

At the link above you'll also be able to find two videos demonstrating the binaural spatialisation and hearing loss/aid emulation functionalities of the 3DTI Toolkit.

Here you'll be able to find the open-source code:

We are working on the release of the Unity wrapper/asset - this should be ready by the end of the Summer, but if you are interested to try it out please email me sending me a very brief description of the work you are planning to do, and I will send you the compiled version.

Best

Lorenzo & the 3D Tune-In Toolkit developers team at Imperial College London and the University of Malaga.

--
Dr Lorenzo Picinali
Reader in Audio Experience Design

http://www.imperial.ac.uk/people/l.picinali