[AUDITORY] Postdoc opportunities in Sheffield, UK

Dear all,

We are pleased to invite applications for a 4-year postdoc position at The University of Sheffield, as part of the UKRI Future Leaders Fellowship of Dr Jennifer MacRitchie.  The postdoctoral researcher will work with Jenni in the development of music technology to assist music making and listening in older adults, including people with dementia and complex needs. Candidates should have a PhD in Cognitive Sciences, Engineering, or Psychology and experience in music interface design and/or working with populations with varying physical / cognitive abilities.

Further information and a link to the application portal can be found on the MMM website:

https://mmm.sites.sheffield.ac.uk/postdoc-music-technology-for-wellbeing

Deadline for applications: 15 December 2020
Start date: 1 Feb 2021
Interview date: 12 January 2021

Further questions can be directed to Jenni MacRitchie or to myself at r.timmers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--

Additionally, we are pleased to invite applications for Leverhulme Trust Early Career Fellowships. These aim to provide career development opportunities for those at a relatively early stage of their academic careers, but who have a proven record of research. These three-year Fellowships provide an exceptional opportunity to develop as an independent researcher. The expectation is that Fellows should undertake a significant piece of publishable work during their tenure, and the project put forward should therefore not be a reworking or mere extension of the candidate’s doctoral research project.

We are seeking outstanding applicants who can build on our strengths in the Music Department.  If you are interested in applying, you must check that you meet the Leverhulme Trust's eligibility criteria. These can be found here.

If you would like to apply please submit an _expression_ of interest including a short form and your CV before 5pm on 4 December 2020.If you have any questions please contact Fay Hield, the Departmental Director of Research and Innovation: f.hield@xxxxxxxxxx

For more information about the Leverhulme Early Career Fellowship scheme see: http://www.leverhulme.ac.uk/funding/ECF/ECF.cfm

Kind regards,

Renee Timmers
--
Professor Renee Timmers (she/her)
Department of Music, University of Sheffield