[AUDITORY] PhD positions in music development at UNLV

Dear colleagues,
Please share with prospective Ph.D. students you know! We are currently considering applicants for Ph.D. study in Experimental Psychology at University of Nevada, Las Vegas in the Auditory Cognitive Development Lab/Auditory Cognitive Neuroscience Lab. We are particularly eager to find a graduate student interested in working on a funded, multi-lab project examining links between musicality and misophonia in childhood and adulthood, using behavioral and physiological measures (EEG and facial EMG). Across both labs we have facilities supporting adult and child behavioral paradigms (perceptual judgment, sensory-motor synchronization), infant perception (looking time procedures), adult and child electrophysiology (high-density EEG recordings), and transcranial magnetic and electrical brain stimulation and compatible EEG. We address questions about music perception (especially rhythm and beat processing), music acquisition and enculturation during child development, comparisons between music and language, auditory memory, and auditory scene analysis. Interested potential applicants with appropriate qualifications (bachelor’s or master’s degree in Psychology, Cognitive Science, Neuroscience, Computer Science, or other related disciplines) are encouraged to visit the ACDL and ACNL web sites for further information about our research, or email the lab directors (erin.hannon@xxxxxxxx <mailto:erin.hannon@xxxxxxxx>, joel.snyder@xxxxxxxx <mailto:joel.snyder@xxxxxxxx>) with any questions, and apply directly to the UNLV graduate school. For more information on UNLV, the Ph.D. program, and each lab, please see links below.

UNLV Grad School: http://www.unlv.edu/graduatecollege <http://www.unlv.edu/graduatecollege>
UNLV Experimental/Psychological and Brain Sciences Ph.D. program: http://www.unlv.edu/psychology/graduateprograms/phd-experimental <http://www.unlv.edu/psychology/graduateprograms/phd-experimental>
ACDL: https://faculty.unlv.edu/ehannon/ <https://faculty.unlv.edu/ehannon/>

ACNL: http://faculty.unlv.edu/jsnyder <http://faculty.unlv.edu/jsnyder>