[AUDITORY] 2x Medical Research Foundation Hearing Research Fellowships, Nottingham, U.K.

Dear colleagues

We are proud to announce that we are recruiting two Medical Research Foundation Hearing Research Fellowships

Expressions of Interest: Jan 15, 2021

Full applications: March 26, 2021

We are recruiting two prestigious Hearing Research Fellows to be based at the Hearing Sciences Section in the Division of Clinical Neurosciences, School of Medicine, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom. They are funded by the Medical Research Foundation (www.medicalresearchfoundation.org.uk).

These three-year fellowships are targeted at exceptional postdoctoral researchers in the field of Hearing Sciences whose overall research purpose is to improve the prediction of individual outcomes for people suffering from hearing loss or tinnitus (please see Further Information for more details).

Research fellowships are a fundamental part of the University of Nottingham’s mission for the delivery of exceptional research that changes lives in the UK and across the world. As one of our fellows, you will enhance our diverse, thriving community of outstanding early career researchers. You will join a University with an international reputation for transformative discoveries and you will:

  • Take a prestigious first step into an independent research career
  • Receive three year’s research funding, including full salary and generous support funding.
  • The time and resources to develop your own innovative research programmes
  • Support from both the University and the Medical Research Foundation

You will be the research lead for your own work, and encouraged to integrate with one of our main research groups.

We offer:

Our excellent support includes:

  • Three years’ independent research funding, covering salary costs at c.£39,000-£48,000 (R&T Level 5 within the University).
  • Membership of the School of Medicine Fellowship programme which supports members considering or applying for permanent academic positions.
  • Inclusion in the Medical Research Foundation’s Package of Support for Fellows, which includes access to MRC training events and symposiums for Fellows, the opportunity to participate in the Academy of Medical Sciences Mentoring Scheme, and access to further funding schemes in public engagement and policy and practice dissemination
  • Additional funding for research support (estimated at between £75,000 and £100,000).
  • Mentoring by a senior member of academic staff in Hearing Sciences.
  • Access to support, career development and networking with the wider fellowship communities of Nottingham and the Medical Research Foundation.

We support applicants from diverse career paths and backgrounds.  We also welcome applications from those wishing to work part-time to meet personal responsibilities.

Eligibility: Candidates must have been awarded their PhD prior to 24th December 2020 with it being in experimental auditory research or a relevant area. This scheme is aimed at early career researchers, and candidates who do not normally have more than eight years of postdoctoral experience. However, to allow for varied career paths, candidates will be assessed on their quality, potential and track record, relative to their career stage.

How to apply:

  1. Submit an _expression_ of interest, by completing the downloadable EOI application form and attaching your publication list, to Charlotte Lloyd (Charlotte.Lloyd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx), by 12.00 midday on Friday 15th January 2021. We will contact applicants who we wish to proceed to the full application stage shortly thereafter.
  2. Once you have been invited to submit a full application, apply online, completing the short form and uploading a more detailed project proposal.

EOI deadline 15th Jan 2021, full application deadline 26th March 2021. Interviews are expected to be held for shortlisted applicants in April 2021 with an expected start date for successful fellows in Summer/Autumn 2021.

Please note, this is a two-step application process.  Candidates who do not submit an initial _expression_ of interest form by the deadline will not be considered.

Please direct any administrative queries to Charlotte Lloyd (Charlotte.Lloyd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) and scientific queries to Professor Michael Akeroyd (Michael.Akeroyd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx).

Michael A Akeroyd

Professor of Hearing Sciences, University of Nottingham School of Medicine.

Deputy Head, Hearing Sciences Section, Division of Clinical Neuroscience, University of Nottingham School of Medicine.

Deputy Director of Research, School of Medicine.

Hearing Sciences Building

University Park

Nottingham NG7 2RD

United Kingdom

michael.akeroyd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Follow us

Facebook.com/UniofNottingham

Twitter.com/UniofNottingham

Youtube.com/nottmuniversity

Instagram.com/uniofnottingham

Linkedin.com/company/university-of-nottingham

attachment.

where permitted by law.