[AUDITORY] Eriksholm Research Center seeking principal/senior scientists

Dear colleagues,

Despite the difficulties of the covid-19 pandemic, Eriksholm Research Center has at this time chosen to expand our senior scientific team in-line with our high ambitions.  We therefore have three principal/senior scientist positions available broadly in the areas of hearing science, cognitive neuroscience and multi-sensory speech communication.  We are seeking internationally recognized experts who will get a great opportunity to shape, lead and conduct research that helps us to provide groundbreaking advances in user benefits in hearing healthcare.

Positions available:

Principal/Sr. scientist in hearing science - https://www.oticon.global/about/jobs/careers/open-positions/job-details2?id=14280

We are interested in hearing from candidates with documented knowledge and experience within the fields of psychoacoustics, including hearing impairment and the impact on perception.  Your interests could include hearing device signal processing; Computational auditory models and their applications; Measurement and new diagnostics of impaired auditory functions; and new concepts for hearing loss compensation.

Principal/Sr. scientist in cognitive neuroscience - https://www.oticon.global/about/jobs/careers/open-positions/job-details2?id=11404

The ability of the auditory system and brain to make sense of its surrounding is based in intricate mechanical, chemical, neural and cognitive systems. These systems are responsible for a variety of behaviors from basic hazard avoidance, to language and communication, as well as aesthetic enjoyment such as listening to music.  In this position, you will advance the state of the art in our understanding of the neural or cognitive systems that underlie sound sensation, so that we can provide people with impaired auditory systems the best possible sound experience throughout their life.

Principal/Sr. scientist in multisensory speech communication - https://www.oticon.global/about/jobs/careers/open-positions/job-details2?id=12223

The development and efficient use of spoken language is a key ability that supports social engagement through the lifespan. A deep understanding of how the brain converts auditory and visual percepts into linguistic meaning, and how adverse acoustic environments, hearing loss and hearing / communication devices might affect this process is central to our mission to provide significantly enhanced user benefits in future hearing healthcare.  All this gives you a chance to develop and drive our research strategy and you will have the opportunity to see your work translated into improvements in speech communication outcomes.

Eriksholm Research Centre carries out peer-reviewed academic research which keeps Oticon at the forefront of applied research. Eriksholm has research facilities that include EEG, Ear-EEG, motion capture, eye-tracking, fNIRS, speech testing, a large anechoic chamber with speaker array, and contains a fully supported clinic and audiological facility.  Being part of a large hearing healthcare company, Eriksholm offers the opportunity to bring research ideas closer to impact the life of people with hearing loss.

If you have questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Best regards,

-james.

Venlig hilsen/Kind regards

James Michael Harte, Ph.D.