[AUDITORY] Reminder - Job opportunity in measurement of communication behaviour and multisensor integration

Dear colleagues ,

This job opportunity is still open – please pass it on to anyone who might be interested.

We are currently advertising a 15-month Research Fellow post based in the Scottish Section of the University of Nottingham’s Hearing Sciences department (location Glasgow). This is a thriving centre of research into how people use their hearing, how hearing impairment affects them, and how new technologies might help.

The successful candidate will support and collaborate with researchers (myself, Lauren Hadley and Bill Whitmer) in delivering our MRC research programme on communication ecology. The duties will include developing new platforms to investigate conversation behaviour over videoconferencing software, integrating diverse sensor and stimulus presentation systems in the lab, developing computational models of communication behaviours, carrying out data analyses and reporting results.

Candidates must have a PhD or equivalent experience in engineering/computer science/bioengineering or a closely related subject area.

The postholder should have strong programming skills and, ideally, experience analysing movement or video recordings using computational methods. Experience integrating hardware and software for diverse data collection paradigms is also desirable, as we also make multi-measurement recordings in lab-based studies.

Closing date: 10th November. For further information see https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/jobs/currentvacancies/ref/MED284020

Informal enquiries can be addressed to graham.naylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks!

Graham Naylor

Professor of Hearing Sciences

School of Medicine
University of Nottingham
Hearing Sciences – Scottish Section,

nottingham.ac.uk/research/groups/hearingsciences

attachment.

where permitted by law.