[AUDITORY] research assistant position

Dear all,

A full-time Research Assistant (RA, Master’s degree) position is available under the supervision of Benjamin Morillon (scholar profile) in the Dynamic of Cognitive Processes group at the Institut de Neurosciences des Systèmes (INS), Marseille, France (https://ins-amu.fr/dcp).

The candidate will contribute to:

1-     acquisition of behavioural data for a project investigating the role of the motor system in auditory and speech perception. The experiment follows-up on recent work from our group (Zalta et al., Nat. Comm., 2020) and the group of David Poeppel (Assaneo et al., Nat. Hum. Bhv, 2020).

2-     analysis of intracranial EEG data, with methods of machine learning (MVPA), to investigate hemispheric asymmetry during speech and music processing. This study follows-up on our recent work in collaboration with McGill U. (Albouy et al., Science, 2020).

Our group has excellent cohesion and is made up of about ten motivated and caring people. The candidate will also benefit from the stimulating scientific environment of Marseille area, our institute being part of a larger interacting network of cognitive neuroscience labs (https://www.ilcb.fr/). Finally, the candidate will have the opportunity of enjoying a lively (should the pandemics permit) and sunny city, ideally situated by the Mediterranean sea.

Candidates should have a master’s degree in cognitive neuroscience or a related field. Prior experience with psychophysics, neuroimaging, machine learning and/or computational modelling will be valued. The candidate will have to work with Python (or Matlab) and develop (or consolidate)  programming skills.

Financial support is provided by the French Ministry of Research. The monthly net salary will be of approximately 1450€ (after tax imposition).

INITIAL APPOINTMENT: 9 months, with a possibility to continue in PhD in September 2021 (depending on the outcome of the RA internship).

APPLICATION: Send a curriculum vitae and motivation letter to bnmorillon@xxxxxxxxx. Informal enquiries are welcome.

DEADLINE: until the position is filled

STARTING DATE: January 2021

thank you,