Re: [AUDITORY] External sound cards for remote testing?

Update -  woke up this morning and realized I forgot to make the spreadsheet editable.  It is editable now.  Also had a number of helpful responses, and added the suggested models to the spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CX-chk22PGRjJygW3L1EkZrEbwj5DIlQoStVV1nu5Ao/edit?usp=sharing

Lina

From: Lina Reiss
Sent: Saturday, October 10, 2020 10:00 AM
To: AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: External sound cards for remote testing?

Auditory list –

My lab is looking into remote testing using a foldable Windows laptop with touchscreen, external sound card, and headphones.  We’ve been using the RME Babyface (excellent sound card) but are looking for lighter, more portable, and less pricey options.  Has anyone found a good quality external sound card that they like for remote testing?

The list can be a great resource, but hard to find things later.  I’ve made a spreadsheet that people can edit and add their findings here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CX-chk22PGRjJygW3L1EkZrEbwj5DIlQoStVV1nu5Ao/edit?usp=sharing

Or feel free to respond with your experience and I’ll add to the spreadsheet.

If we get enough input, we can share this at a central resource, like the ASA P&P remote testing website, along with compiled headphone and other recommendations.

Lina

Lina A.J. Reiss, Ph.D.

Associate Professor, Otolaryngology-HNS and Biomedical Engineering

Oregon Hearing Research Center Oregon Health & Science University

Phone: 503-494-2917

Fax: 503-494-0951

Email: reiss@xxxxxxxx

http://www.ohsu.edu/cihalab