[AUDITORY] #SysMus20 - come and join us!

[Apologies for crossposting]

Dear all,

This is just a quick reminder that SysMus20 (online) is only one week away  and we are really looking forward to it.

In addition to great presentations covering a broad range of topics we are excited to have Dr. Freya Bailes (University of Leeds) and Prof. Ian Cross (University of Cambridge) as Keynote speakers, and are looking forward to Dr. Hauke Egermann's (director of the York Music Psychology Group, YMPG) workshop on audience research.
The main purpose of the SysMus conference series is to allow advanced students in the fields of systematic musicology and music science – particularly those studying for PhDs or completing Masters’ degrees – to meet and discuss their research. As Covid-19 forced many PhD students to revise their plans and find ways to adapt, we decided to organise a panel to learn more about the impact of Covid-19 on the PhD process and give students a platform to talk about their experiences.

For more details you can find a  (preliminary) conference schedule here

The conference is free to attend, but you will need to sign up. (Click here to register for SysMus20). We are slowly reaching our capacity so if you haven't signed up yet but would like to attend, now is the time.

We have some fantastic workshops on Monday, September 14th 2020 which are aimed at MA and PhD students but open to everyone who is interested. These are free to attend, but registration is required (Deadline: Wednesday, September 9th, 23:59 BST). The preliminary schedule is as follows (all times in (BST/GMT+1)):

(you can find more information on how to sign up by clicking on the links below)

09:00-10:30 Jan Stupacher: How to write a grant application / a research proposal

10:45-13:00 Kelly Jakubowski: An introduction to publishing in peer-reviewed journals

14:00-15:30 Fabian Moss: Data-Driven Music History

15:45-17:45 David J. Baker: Turning your Values in to Value: Getting a Job in Industry

Kind regards

Diana

Diana Kayser, MA, AFHEA, PhD candidate
York Music Psychology Group
Music Science and Technology Research Cluster
Department of Music
University of York

www.ympg.uk
facebook.com/ympgsite