[AUDITORY] Are you aged 18-30 and 50-70? Online hearing study

Are you aged 18-30 or 50-70?

As we get older, our hearing can decline. For people who expose their ears to lots of noise (e.g. noisy jobs or loud hobbies), this process might be speeded up. My PhD aims to determine how occupational noise exposure affects hearing in older adults, which should help scientists and audiology services better identify and diagnose hearing difficulties.

To do this, I am looking for people aged 18-30 or 50-70 years with no past clinical diagnosis of hearing loss and memory problems. You may have previously been exposed to occupational noise by working in a noisy job OR you may have had relatively low exposure to noise throughout your life.

If that describes you, then you can help out our science by completing my online survey. This takes around 30 minutes and can be completed on any smartphone, tablet, laptop, PC. You will tell us about your hearing and noise exposure, then take part in some challenging-but-interesting online tests (assessing memory and listening abilities).

To thank you for your participation, you will be entered into a £25 (32$) Amazon voucher prize draw. Eight voucher prizes are available for drawing !

 For more information, and to take part, please go to the link:  https://www.redcap.rss.mhs.man.ac.uk/surveys/?s=CK9DD8R7EE

If you have any questions, please do  not hesitate to contact me on: adnan.shehabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you

Adnan Shehabi

[UoM REC Approval Ref.  2020-8884-156336]

Adnan Shehabi | PhD Student in Audiology

Manchester Centre for Audiology and Deafness (ManCAD)

School of Health Sciences | Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health

A3.14/15 Ellen Wilkinson Building | The University of Manchester | Manchester | M13 9PL

/var/folders/nq/1_0dzbx57zn2yn8q95wm1rfc0000gp/T/com.microsoft.Outlook/WebArchiveCopyPasteTempFiles/cidF417D4E8-17B3-4C71-9380-38F36B581064

If you receive this email out of hours please be assured that there is no expectation that you will read, act or respond to it outside of your normal working day