[AUDITORY] ManCAD podcasts and online journal clubs

Dear Colleagues,

ManCAD at the University of Manchester in collaboration with British Academy of Audiology (BAA) has launched monthly podcasts and an online journal club. Each month we record a new podcast and hold a journal club focusing on a particular topic.

These activities are open to anyone who is interested

Our podcasts can be accessed here. Each recording is accompanied by a transcript. http://research.bmh.manchester.ac.uk/ManCAD/Podcast/

The podcasts available to date are:

Face mask misery: do face masks impair speech understanding?

Hearing loss, loneliness and mental health during social distancing

Quiet time during lockdown: Is it really a chance for our ears to rest?

Coming in August: Datalogging: A measure to use or a useless measure?

Our online journal club takes place on the 3rd Friday of the month from 1.00-2.00pm UK time. If you want to join in just send me a message and I will add you to our mailing list. This will ensure you receive information on a monthly basis, that includes a link to the event and the paper that will be discussed.

Enjoy the podcasts and I hope to see some of you at an upcoming journal club.

Gaby

Gabrielle H. Saunders PhD I Senior Research Fellow

Gabrielle.saunders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Manchester Centre for Audiology and Deafness (ManCAD) | www.research.bmh.manchester.ac.uk/ManCAD/

School of Health Sciences I Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health | A3.09 Ellen Wilkinson Building I University of Manchester I Manchester  I  M13 9PL

Tel: +44 161 275 3386  I  Fax: +44 161 275 3360 |

Want to join HEARING RESEARCH volunteer database: www.psych-sci.manchester.ac.uk/audiologyvolunteers/

cid:image001.png@01D53899.95519080