[AUDITORY] Looking for car sounds

Dear List,

We are setting up a collaborative study at TU Delft (Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering and Industrial Design Engineering) to address the effect of sound type emitted by an EV on its perceived annoyance and acceptability by (visually impaired) pedestrians.

And due to the Corona crisis we are not able to make our own recordings. Thus, we’d grateful if you could help us.

We will need good quality recordings of the following sounds.
  1. sound recorded outside of a middle-size car with an internal combustion engine (baseline with a petrol engine)
  2. sound recorded outside of a middle-size EV (so, mostly tire noise)
  3. sound of a street environment with medium level of traffic and noise.
Please send me a direct message if you have (any of) these sounds in stock and are happy to share with us. We will of course acknowledge the source of the sounds. If you have published papers that come with the sounds, please also join them with the sounds for our reference.

Many thanks!

Best wishes,

Elif
Dr. Elif Ozcan
Director - Critical Alarms Lab
Sound-Driven Design & Research
Faculty of Industrial Design Engineering
Delft University of Technology
Department of Intensive Care
Erasmus Medical Centre
m +31 6 30055768