[AUDITORY] Research Assistant Position at the UCL Ear Institute

Dear colleagues, I would appreciate your help in forwarding the advert below to relevant members of your department.

We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated Research Assistant and Laboratory Manager to provide essential support for ongoing research aimed at developing transformative treatments for deafness and hearing problems. The post is funded for 12 months (with a possibility of extension). The post will involve collection and analysis of audiometry as well as behavioural (psychophysics), eye tracking and EEG data in humans. The post holder will also be expected to contribute to the induction and direction of other research staff and students.  The UCL Ear Institute, located in the heart of London,  provides state-of-the-art research facilities across a wide range of disciplines and is one of the foremost centres for hearing, speech and language-related research within Europe.

Applicants should hold a 1st class, or upper 2nd (or equivalent) BSc or MSc degree in an engineering or Neuroscience-related subject. Previous experience with neuroscience research, functional brain imaging and/or acoustics is desirable.

For more information, and to submit an application, please search for job#1865043 on UCL’s job application site (https://www.ucl.ac.uk/work-at-ucl/search-jobs). For informal enquiries feel free to contact me (Maria Chait) m.chait@xxxxxxxxx

Closing Date: 03 July 2020

Maria Chait PhD

m.chait@xxxxxxxxx

Professor in Auditory Cognitive Neuroscience

Lab site: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/ear/research/chaitlab/

UCL Ear Institute

332 Gray's Inn Road

London WC1X 8EE