[AUDITORY] Timbre 2020 is going virtual – abstract deadline extended to 22 May

Dear list

As Covid-19 continues to have an impact around the globe, we have been looking for alternatives. With additional travel bans in place and no clear resolution to the whole situation in sight, it is becoming increasingly clear that a physical conference is no longer feasible.

Should we postpone to 2021? We originally chose 2020 because both ICMCP and ESCOM are due next year. Should we postpone to 2022? We could, but we might lose momentum.

You guessed it right! Timbre 2020 is happening, we are going fully virtual! Submission format remains as is and proceedings will be published online as usual. We will have our keynotes, talks, posters, and socials over a period of two days. More detailed information will follow shortly. Stay tuned! https://timbre2020.mus.auth.gr/

There will be limitations (think of all the amazing Greek food) but also unique opportunities (we will host a panel discussion on the pros and cons of running timbre experiments online). And we will get to see each other as planned and be timbre geeks. Mind you, Thessaloniki, we will be back.

New important dates

Abstract submission deadline: May 22, 2020
Notification of acceptance: June 26, 2020
Camera ready paper submission deadline: July 17, 2020

KEEP CALM & TIMBRE ON – Asterios, Kai, Charis

--
Charalampos (Charis) Saitis
Lecturer (Assistant Professor), Digital Music Processing

Centre for Digital Music
School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science
Faculty of Science and Engineering
Queen Mary University of London
10 Godward Square, Peter Landin Building, London E1 4FZ, UK
Tel: +44(0)20 7882 7518
Mob: +44(0)7717 619844
Email: c.saitis@xxxxxxxxxx
www.c4dm.eecs.qmul.ac.uk

--
We are always hearing, but are we listening? — Joel Chadabe