Re: [AUDITORY] Question on Daniel & Weber (1997) roughness model

Dear Stephen, hello,

The Daniel & Weber model is already implemented in MATLAB. It is available within the PsySound3 toolbox (http://psysound.wikidot.com/). The code was programmed by my former colleague from Eindhoven Prof. Dik Hermes. The model is implemented in a very transparent way, I was able to reproduce very faithfully at some point (a couple of years ago) almost all figures from the Daniel & Weber paper.

Regarding the code itself, it is possible to extract the codes from PsySound (each "analyser" within the toolbox is stored in a different folder) to use the model without having to run the graphical interface. I can provide that "stand-alone code" if your colleague is interested...

Please have a look at the code and I will be happy to provide further feedback/support to you or your colleague.

Success,
Alejandro
---
Alejandro Osses V., Ph.D.

Postdoctoral researcher,
Hearing Technology @ WAVES,
Department of Information Technology (INTEC)
Ghent University

Email: alejandro.osses@xxxxxxxx
Address: iGent | Technologiepark 126, 9052 Ghent
Website: www.waves.intec.ugent.be