Re: [AUDITORY] PhD position at Tel Aviv University - Enhancing motor learning for playing the piano

Dear Dr. Friedman

Is the position available yet?

Dmitry

09.01.2020, 11:19, "Jason Friedman" <jason@xxxxxxxxx>:

A funded PhD position is available at Tel Aviv University in the Movement Sciences lab with Dr. Jason Friedman, in the field of human motor control, on the topic of enhancing motor learning.

The PhD will be part of a larger collaborative project with Prof. Helge Ritter from Bielefeld University, Germany, where they investigate manual intelligence of both humans and robots.  In this project, we will use a technique called computational scaffolding in order to speed up the process of motor learning. In this technique, a temporary structure (scaffold) is provided during the learning process and slowly removed as learning takes place. We will use this technique to individualize and enhance the motor learning process in two applications – learning how to play the piano and learning a new swimming stroke. The student will be involved in all aspects of the project, included running experiments, recording and analyzing movement data, applying motor guidance for enhancing learning, and active collaboration with our partners.

Students with a background in Motor Control, Physical Therapy, Neuroscience, Psychology, Physics, Computer Science, Biomedical engineering or related areas are encouraged to apply. Programming experience in Python or other languages, and a musical background is an advantage.  Please contact Dr. Friedman (jason@xxxxxxxxx) with a CV for further information.